Student studying in a college library.
Studying in the upper floor of the New College Library.
(Image credit: Oxford University Images / John Cairns Photography).

Resources for staff and students

Here you can find out about services that support international students and staff.

International visiting researchers

Academics and doctoral students at universities around the world are able to apply to spend a period of time at Oxford as a visiting researcher. Information for international visiting researchers is available on how to apply, relevant fees, accommodation, and securing visas.


The Oxford admissions website deals with all aspects of applying to study at Oxford. Included is specific application guidance for international undergraduate students and application guidance for international graduate students.

Information service for international students

The Student Information Service is responsible for providing advice about issues affecting international students, including orientation, immigration questions, and assisting students who need to extend their visas.

The service also provides support for the University's broader international activities, and provides information on funding and opportunities for Oxford students wishing to study abroad.

College support services

Oxford's colleges provide academic and other support services to their international students. Students should check with their colleges for information about what support is available.

Oxford University Student Union (OUSU)

The Oxford University Student Union represents all students at Oxford and provides support and services for home and international students alike.

Oxford Language Centre

The Oxford Language Centre provides resources and services for members of the University who make use of foreign languages for their study, research or personal interest. It also offers English courses such as academic writing and English for social and academic purposes for international students and staff.

Support for international staff

Support for staff is provided by your department and a range of central services. The Oxford University Welcome Service for international staff members and their families offers information and support to people who have moved to Oxford from abroad. The Living in the UK website also offers tips on preparing to move to the UK, and explains what practical tasks need to be undertaken before and after your arrival.

General resources for new members of staff include:

International Engagement

The International Engagement Office provides advice to academics seeking to initiate formal collaborations with other institutions.

Was this page useful?*