The Lloyds Scholars programme, in partnership with Lloyds Banking Group, offers an exciting opportunity for students from lower-income households starting University in 2018. The programme, launched at Oxford in 2012, is designed to reward outstanding academic performance, provide mentoring and internship opportunities, and encourage involvement within the local community. Up to fifteen awards are available to students starting at Oxford in October 2018.
2018 applications to the Programme will open on 3 May 2018.
For more information please visit www.lloyds-scholars.com.
Am I eligible?
Level of study:
Year of study:
Students from households with incomes
All colleges and subjects (excluding Medicine)
What does it cover?
- Additional bursaries to help with living costs and study materials at Oxford
- Performance-related awards for academic achievement at Oxford
- End-of-course excellence awards for top scholars
- Hands-on work experience on paid summer internships
- Access to and support from a dedicated mentor
How do I apply?
To be eligible to apply, your household income must be £25,000 or less, as assessed by the Student Loans Company (SLC). Lloyds welcomes applications from all subjects (excluding Medicine), and you do not have to be studying a finance related degree to be selected.
To be selected as a Lloyds Scholar, applicants must complete a series of tests, including an online numeracy test and a telephone interview, and, if you are successful, attend a Lloyds Banking Group Assessment Centre.
Scholars must commit to:
- Undertaking an internship opportunity over the summer in their first year of study at Oxford
- Undertaking community volunteering
- Promoting the Lloyds Scholars programme externally
If you meet the above criteria and wish to learn more about the Lloyds Scholars Programme, please visit www.lloyds-scholars.com.
Please note: if you are successful in being selected as a Lloyds Scholar this will not affect your entitlement to Oxford's financial support.