This scholarship has been established by the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies to provide funding for UK students from Muslim communities. The Centre is a Recognised Independent Centre of the University of Oxford. It was established in 1985 to encourage the scholarly study of Islam and the Islamic world. The Centre provides a meeting point for the Western and Islamic worlds of learning. At Oxford it contributes to the multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary study of the Islamic world. Beyond Oxford, its role is strengthened by a developing international network of academic contacts.
Am I eligible?
|Level of study:||Undergraduate|
|Year of study:||New students|
|Subject:||All subjects except medicine|
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need and academic merit.
What does it cover?
|Duration:||3 or 4 years depending on course length|
|Value:||University fees and a grant for living expenses|
|Number:||To be confirmed|
How do I apply?
You must make an application to the University through UCAS by 15 October and be successful in gaining a place. You will then need to complete a separate scholarship application form. Please note that we cannot consider applications from candidates who have not been offered a place at Oxford. Candidates will be informed of the outcome of their scholarship application in August 2014.
- Scholars will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Scholars will be expected to apply for any government support to which they are entitled, but will not be expected to take out any loans.
- If eligible, scholars will not receive a separate Oxford Bursary.
- Applications will not be considered from those who wish to undertake a second undergraduate degree.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.