The Palgrave Brown UK Scholarship has been established by the Palgrave Brown Bursary Fund to provide funding for undergraduates from Norfolk or Suffolk who are in need of financial assistance.
Am I eligible?
|Residency:||Students must be ordinarily resident in and/or educated in the UK counties of Norfolk or Suffolk.|
|Level of study:||Undergraduate|
|Year of study:||New students|
|Subject:||All subjects in the course listing|
|Other criteria:||Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need, and academic merit will also be taken into consideration.|
What does it cover?
|Duration:||3 or 4 years depending on course length.|
|Value:||An annual grant of up to £5,500 towards living expenses. Students undertaking a six-year medical degree would only receive funding for the first four years of the course.|
|Number:||One award will be available.|
How do I apply?
- Applications for 2017 are now closed. Details on how to apply for 2018 entry will be made available on this page in January 2018.
- For 2017 entry applicants who applied by the 15 February 2017 deadline, the selection process will be undertaken in Spring 2017.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in May 2017.
- Receipt of the scholarship is conditional upon the student to whom an offer is made providing evidence of residency and/or education.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Scholars will be expected to write a report at the end of their first Michaelmas Term and an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Scholars will be expected to apply for UK government maintenance support.