Vice-Chancellor's Innovation & Engagement Awards
Making a difference through research
The inaugural Vice-Chancellor’s Innovation & Engagement Awards will recognise and celebrate the wide range of ways in which research undertaken at the University of Oxford makes a positive difference to the economy, the environment, and society.
Winning entries receive recognition for their achievements at the Vice-Chancellor's Innovation and Engagement Awards on 6 September 2022. The Vice-Chancellor's Choice winner(s) will also be announced at the ceremony and receive a prize of £2,000.
Online Conference: University of Oxford Public Engagement with Research
Oxford's third Public Engagement with Research Conference (Tuesday 6 July – Thursday 15 July 2021) encompassed sessions over two weeks featuring internal and external speakers and contributors. The conference covered:
- Best practice examples for engaging online and diversifying engaged publics.
- Novel ways of working with partners and ideas for how to co-create meaningful public engagement.
- Exploring the rise of the ‘place’ agenda and its implications for public engagement with research.
- Opportunities to learn from each other’s mistakes through the Confession Board.
- Networking and chatting with colleagues; and more.
This conference was for Oxford’s research community: researchers, research students, professional services & GLAM staff, together with external guests, to explore and discuss Public Engagement with Research.
The next conference will take place in 2023.