A one-week module of the MSc in Experimental Therapeutics. Offered by the Department of Oncology and the Department for Continuing Education’s CPD Centre, the course will be led by Professor Len Seymour, Professor of Gene Therapies, and Director of the Section of Clinical Pharmacology at the University of Oxford’s Department of Oncology, and will feature face-to-face lectures and tutorials from some of Oxford's leading clinicians and scientists.
Date: Mon 9 - Fri 13 Nov 2015
Venue: Department for Continuing Education, Rewley House, Oxford
This course is aimed at qualified doctors, especially specialist registrars in clinical pharmacology or in training for other medical sub-specialities; clinical research fellows in other specialities; pharmacists; nurses; graduates working in the pharmaceutical industry.
The Biological Therapeutics course will provide students with the opportunity to learn more about and discuss the following topics:
- Different approaches to gene therapy
- RNA therapeutics
- Antibody based therapeutics
- Stem cell based treatments and immunotherapies
- Cancer biology and microenvironment
- Cancer immunology and vaccines
- Viral vectors for gene therapy
- Clinical trial design for vaccines and gene therapy