To achieve net zero carbon and biodiversity net gain by 2035, the Environmental Sustainability Strategy sets outs our commitments and plans for each of the listed priority areas.
Below are some examples:
- Introduce a building retrofit programme to maximise energy efficiency
- Measure, report and compensate for the damage to biodiversity caused by the University’s operations and supply chain
- Reduce the need for staff to travel locally by supporting remote and agile working
- Develop and implement a Travel Policy which incorporates a Travel Hierarchy approach with a phased-in levy on flights
- Actively engage with investment fund managers using the Oxford Martin Principles for Climate-Conscious Investment
- Install heat networks on chosen sites across the university estate and adopt the Passivhaus approach for all new developments
Visit the Sustainability website to find out more.