Since 2010, the Undergraduate Admissions and Outreach office at the University of Oxford has run a scheme to recognise inspirational teachers from UK schools and colleges.
This award scheme recognises the crucial role teachers play in encouraging talented students in their schools or colleges. Each year, current first-year Oxford undergraduates from UK state schools or colleges with a limited history of sending students to Oxford are asked if they would like to nominate an inspirational teacher.
The Inspirational Teachers Awards are a way of recognising the importance of school or college teachers in encouraging bright students to realise their potential and make a successful application to Oxford.
In 2018 ten teachers will be honoured with an award. All were nominated by students currently in their first year at Oxford and will attend an awards ceremony held at the University of Oxford in May.
Our 2018 winning teachers are:
- Adam Pothecary at Bradford College in West Yorkshire, nominated by Rocco Memery studying English Language and Literature at Harris Manchester
- Andrew Hodgson at Aston Academy in South Yorkshire, nominated by Natalie Magee studying History at Oriel College
- Anna Knowles at Aquinas College in Greater Manchester, nominated by Madeleine O'Connor studying Biological Sciences at New College
- Christina Pearce at Luton Sixth Form College in Bedfordshire, nominated by Matthew Judson studying PPE at Lady Margaret Hall
- Daniel Brown at Bsix Sixth Form College in London, nominated by Desmond Asante studying Mathematics at St Peter's College
- Hannah Davies at Bryn Hafren Comprehensive School in Wales, nominated by Charlotte Rose studying Medicine at Magdalen College
- Jonathan Taylor at Chestnut Grove Academy in London, nominated by Ephraim Conteh studying PPE at Worcester College
- Kim Lambert at Prior Pursglove College in North Yorkshire, nominated by Bethany Carter studying Experimental Psychology at New College
- Poonam Gard at St Charles Catholic Sixth Form College in London, nominated by Shamime Ibrahim studying History and Politics at University College
- Sally Llewellyn at Pencoed Comprehensive School in Wales, nominated by Grace Shaughnessy studying English Language and Literature at Merton College
Where are our nominated and winning Inspirational Teachers from?
If you have any enquiries regarding this scheme, please contact email@example.com