Making Oxford’s assets accessible to schools and families
Oxford for Oxford is a new initiative operating in partnership with key state schools in the Oxford city area. The project works to support pupil attainment and promote connections between teachers, students, families and the University.
The Oxford for Oxford Project began in October 2015, and has helped organise school visits, trips and workshops for state school pupils at schools in Oxford, plus public-facing Family Fun Day and festival activities. You can learn more about our activities in this interview with That's Oxford TV.
What kinds of activities do we provide?
Recent school enrichment visits have included:
- World Book Day activities featuring Roald Dahl's Revolting Rhymes for Year 2, 3 and 4 pupils
- Study Skills workshops for Year 11 pupils
- 'Meet the Researchers' session for Year 10 pupils
- Art and technology workshops from the Ashmolean Museum for Year 9 and Year 12 pupils at Oxford Spires Academy (read more here: http://www.ashmolean.org/ashwpress/turnersoxford/blog/)
- Dress-up Shakespeare sessions for primary school pupils from Year 1 - Year 5
Oxford for Oxford in the news
'More money needed to help county's poorest pupils reach full potential' - Luke Sproule discusses challenges facing Oxford city schools, and what Oxford for Oxford is doing to support pupils' learning: http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/14682338.More_money_needed_to_help_county_s_poorest_pupils_reach_full_potential/
'Community Fun at Leys Festival', featuring the Oxford University tent and Vikings! http://oxfordtoday.news/2016/07/03/1285/
'First Combined Leys Festival and Horticultural Show Goes Down a Treat', with more Vikings! http://www.thisisoxfordshire.co.uk/news/14596047.First_combined_Leys_Festival_and_horticultural_show_goes_down_a_treat/
TV coverage of the first Out of This World Family Fun Day from That's Oxfordshire: https://youtu.be/k_U9nt27oRU
'Oxford Scientists Get Out Of This World in Templars Square': http://oxon.focusonuk.co.uk/oxford-scientists-get-out-of-this-world-at-templars-square/
If you would like any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also sign up to the Oxford for Oxford Facebook group.