InspireHer! aims to increase girls interest and curiosity in Computer Science by introducing coding in a fun and interactive way. Not enough girls are getting into STEM, we set out to change that by:
- Making parents aware of the need to motivate their daughters to pursue a career in technology.
- Provide the resources and advice to parents on how to nourish their daughter's curiosity and interest in Computer Science.
- Encourage parent and daughter collaboration in coding projects to provide a relatable role model.
InspireHer! supported by Google and University of Oxford's Department of Computer Science bring you an exciting day, with plenty of hands on activities and exciting coding challenges for mothers and their daughters. Activities will include:
- Introduction to Sphero SPRK+ programming
- Practical sessions - program a Sphero robot.
- Sphero Maze Challenge - with prizes for winners!
- Visit an Oxford college
This event is open to mother and daughter teams from the Oxfordshire area. Daughters need to be in year 7 (age 11-12) at a state school. No experience is necessary from mother or daughter, but students should have an interest in maths or science.