A travel grant is available for University of Oxford students who participate in the exchange with the Australian National University (ANU). ANU is distinguished by the high quality of its research.
The exchange programme
ANU is regularly ranked among the best universities in the world and has repeatedly been ranked in the top 20 by The Times Higher Education Supplement (THES) world university rankings.
|Duration:||Students will normally spend one semester at ANU, however applications from students wishing to spend the full academic year at ANU will be considered. It is expected that the exchanges will begin in July of each year, however this date is flexible.|
|Value:||A travel grant is available to provide economy return travel to Australia. In addition, the award covers ANU's essential Overseas Student Health Cover (approximately A$190 per semester) and visa costs. Tuition fees will be waived by ANU; however students will be required to continue to pay the University of Oxford any fees they may be liable for. Students will be responsible for meeting their own accommodation and other living costs.|
On campus accommodation is guaranteed to all incoming exchange students as long as they apply for accommodation by the deadline (15 June 2017).
Students can enrol in multiple academic areas; Medicine is the only field not available to incoming exchange students.
|Fee status:||Home/EU and Overseas|
|Level of study:||Graduate|
|Year of study:||All years, however it is expected that students will continue to be registered for a degree at the University of Oxford during the period of the exchange and that they will normally have completed at least one year of study prior to the exchange.|
Students are required to contact a possible supervisor at ANU before submitting their application.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain the approval of their college to study away from Oxford, and, where applicable, must also obtain dispensation from reidence from their faculty board. The College is expected to host an incoming ANU student in exchange.
A University of Oxford selection committee will consider all the applications and the nominated candidate(s) will be forwarded to ANU. The final decision on the acceptance of the nominated candidates will be made by ANU.
The successful candidate will be required to submit a report detailing their activities as well as a certificate of attendance at the end of their exchange to prove the length of stay.
How to apply
- Applications are currently open for the 2017/18 academic year. Applications should be submitted to Student Fees and Funding by 12 noon on Wednesday 22 February 2017 (Week 6 of Hilary Term).
- Please complete the application form available on the right hand side of this page and submit it to Student Fees and Funding together with all supporting documentation (see full details of application process in section below). Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- The selection process will be undertaken shortly after the closing date.
- Candidates will be informed who the University will nominate shortly after the closing date. Please note that a nomination is no guarantee of a place, since the final decision is made by ANU.
- The successful applicant will also have to complete ANU’s online application by Saturday 1 April 2017.
Please ensure to submit the following documentation as part of your application:
- Completed application form to be found on the right hand side of this page
- Two letters of reference. Please note that you should obtain the letters of reference directly from your referees and attach them to your application.
- Applicants are required to submit a letter of support from their college, whereby the college agrees to host an incoming ANU exchange student. Please note that this does not have to be a guarantee of accommodation.