Professor Lang has over 20 years’ experience in running clinical trials, including trials in the developing world, for the pharmaceutical industry, the World Health Organisation and in academia. Recently, she was part of a research team which set up a clinical trial in West Africa in the midst of the Ebola epidemic, to see whether a novel antiviral drug called brincidofovir could be effective against the disease. She is Director of the Global Health Network, a free online platform for health workers and researchers around the world to exchange knowledge, share methods and form collaborations.
- Global health
- Tropical medicine
- Clinical research in developing countries
- Capacity building for medical research in developing countries
- Medical research methods
- Methodology research in developing countries
- Clinical trial design and operations
- Drug and vaccine development for neglected diseases and developing countries
Professor Lang has extensive experience of working with national and international media, including print, radio and television. She has experience of live interviews.