Professor Kaye’s research focuses on the relationships between law, ethics and the emerging technologies in health including genomics.
She serves on a number of international expert committees and scientific advisory boards and has been on the UK Ethics and Confidentiality Committee of the National Information Governance Board for Health and Social Care, the Nuffield Council Bioethics Working Group on Biodata and Rapporteur for the EC Expert Report, Biobanks for Europe - The Challenges for Governance June 2012.
- Genetic databases/biobanks/tissue repositories
- Data protection and privacy law as it relates to genetics and medical research
- Medical law and ethics
- The use of innovative technologies in medicine
- Research participants' rights
- Global regulation of medical research
- Data sharing and whole genome sequences
- Ownership of bodies, parts and tissue
Dr Kaye has experience of working with the media.