Worcester College is a happy and supportive community, committed to combining academic excellence with becoming genuinely representative of our society. We welcome students from a huge variety of backgrounds, with the conviction that academic achievement and integrity acquire and retain their value only in a culture of diversity, inclusion and accessibility.
Worcester has about 400 undergraduates from the UK and around the world, and offers accommodation to all undergraduates for three years. All rooms are on-site or close by, over two-thirds are ensuite, and most have shared kitchens (though our food is cheap and excellent, so eating in hall is very popular). On-site facilities include 24-hour library access, sports fields, a gym, an auditorium, a dance studio, chapel, and multi-faith prayer room.
The college cares deeply about the welfare and well-being of all its students, and is committed to ensuring that students should not be adversely affected by financial hardship. In addition to the University’s bursaries and scholarships, Worcester students can apply for a book allowance, vacation study grants, and a wide variety of emergency and long-term hardship support.
Read more on the college website.
…a community. I know I can ask anyone for help and advice, whether it’s an essay I’m confused about or where is best to store my bike!
…having such a tangible sense of support and encouragement – the staff and students have become my second family.
… like this green oasis at the heart of the city. It has plenty of wide open space to go for a wander – if you don’t mind making way for our ducks!
…a wonderful environment both as a place of learning and a home. Such a large student body means that there are so many opportunities to meet a variety of people and gather a great support network within college.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: YES
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: NO
- Usually offered for all years: NO
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: YES
- Gym on site: YES
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: YES
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: YES
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: YES
- Orchestra/s: YES
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: YES
- College student magazine/paper: YES
- Some subject societies: YES
- Other societies: YES
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and English
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Computer Science
- Earth Sciences (Geology)
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Medicine (Graduate Entry)
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Theology
- Physics and Philosophy
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
- Theology and Religion
In order to make it easier for you to establish a first point of contact with our University, every Oxford college is ‘linked’ to a particular region of the UK. The ‘link’ college will know their region particularly well and already have contact with schools and students in the area.
Getting in touch with the college linked to your region has no influence on your chances of being accepted to this or any other particular college. You are also very welcome to get in touch with any other college for advice about applying or studying here.
Link Local Authorities
1 Walton Street, Oxford OX1 2HB