Professor Clavin’s research focuses on the history of international and transnational relations in the twentieth century. She is particularly interested in the relationship between international security and economic and financial stability, and the role played by international and regional, particularly European, organisations in the world economy.
- International relations in the 20th century
- Origins of the Second World War
- The Great Depression 191901939
- League of Nations
- Paris Peace Conference of 1919
- History of human security
- Transnational history
Professor Clavin has experience of working with the media, including appearances in BBC and Channel 4 documentaries, and live and pre-recorded interviews for a number of BBC Radio channels.