Professor Eugene Rogan
Professor of Modern Middle Eastern History; Director of the Middle East Centre; Fellow of St Antony's College
Professor Rogan is the author of The Arabs: A History, which has been translated into ten languages and was named one of the best books of 2009 by The Economist, The Financial Times, and The Atlantic Monthly. His most recent book is The Fall of the Ottomans: The Great War in the Middle East, 1914-1920 (2015).
- Middle East
- Arab-Israeli conflict
- Palestine, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Israel
- The Arab world from the 18th to the 20th century
- Arab provinces of the Ottoman Empire
- The Palestine War of 1948
- The First World War in the Middle East
- The Fall of the Ottomans: The Great War in the Middle East, 1914-1920 (2015)
- The Arabs: A History (2009, 2012)
- The War for Palestine: Rewriting the History of 1948 (2001, 2007)
Professor Rogan has extensive experience of working with the media, both nationally and internationally, and including both print and broadcast.