Senior Research Fellow, Inorganic Chemistry; CEO, OxCCU Tech Ltd
Tiancun’s research is focused on overcoming the impacts of excessive emissions.
His research group have developed novel processes and catalysts to:
- capture and utilise CO2, including turning it into jet fuel, fine chemicals or biodegradable plastics, e.g., poly glycolic acid (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyglycolide)
- strip usable hydrogen from fossil fuels and
- create clean hydrogen from plastic waste.
He is the CEO of OxCCU Tech Ltd, (www.oxccu.com) a spinout company from Oxford University.
- Biodegradable plastics from green house gas
- Sustainable aviation fuels and CO2 utilization
- Hydrogen for indoor heating
- CO2 capture
- Energy transition
- Renewable energy