The University’s style guide for internal use has been revised for Michaelmas term 2014. The current version can be found below.
Download the University of Oxford Style Guide here:
The University of Oxford Glossaries, an appendix to the style guide comprising terms and abbreviations in use at Oxford, is now available and can be downloaded here:
Changes to Michaelmas term 2014 edition
Along with fixing a few typographical errors and examples where we hadn’t followed our own advice, the following items have changed in the MT 2014 edition:
- additional examples of using spans of numbers and years (p8)
- clearer explanations of the use of commas with defining/non-defining clauses (pp12–13)
- clearer examples of the use of quotation marks with other punctuation (p16)
- correct terminology for orders of chivalry further explanations and examples for spellings, including plurals, tricky words and differences between US and UK spellings (pp22–24)
- a new section on personal pronouns (p25).
Thanks to everyone who has given us feedback.