Dr D’Angour has published articles and chapters on classical subjects ranging from ancient Greek music to the poetry of Horace, and compositions in Greek and Latin verse. In 2004 his Pindaric Ode to Athens was recited at the Olympic Games, and an Ode commissioned by the Mayor of London was presented at the London Olympics 2012. Before he became an academic, he was a professional cellist and also a businessman.
- Greek language and literature
- Latin language and literature
- Ancient Greek attitudes to innovation and creativity
- The alphabet
- Music (ancient and modern)
- Psychoanalytic applications (classical)
Professor D'Angour has experience of working with the media, including both print and broadcast.