Professor Katrin Kohl
Professor of German Literature; Fellow of Jesus College
Katrin Kohl's research focuses on literature and cultural politics in the eighteenth and twentieth/twenty-first century. She is currently working on an edition of the poetic correspondence between Rainer Maria Rilke and Erika Mitterer. Other research interests include the Prussian king Frederick the Great; the work of the eighteenth-century poet F G Klopstock; the work of holocaust survivor H G Adler; and the theory and practice of metaphor. She is also interested in the teaching of languages.
- German poetry, especially free verse
- 18th century German literature
- Language teaching
- History of Austrian Literature 1918-2000
- Friendship, Love and Loss in the Poetry of Else Lasker-Schüler (1869-1945)
- Hero or Villain? The Response of German Authors to Frederick the Great
Professor Kohl has experience of both print and broadcast media.