Professor Jo Boyden
Director, Young Lives Study, Oxford Department of International Development
Dr Boyden's research focuses on child labour, children and political violence, and childhood poverty. She is particularly interested in bringing together academics, practitioners and policy-makers to develop effective models and methods for supporting children, their families and their communities in situations of adversity. She has worked for over 20 years as consultant on children’s issues to many governments and international and national organisations.
- Child poverty in developing countries
- Child labour
- Teenagers, youth, adolescents in developing countries
- Child migration
- Social policy for children in developing countries
- Child development in cultural contexts
- Risk and resilience among children living in situations of adversity
Dr Boyden has experience of working with the media, including panel discussions on BBC Radio 4's Woman's Hour, and interviews on BBC World TV, BBC News Channel, BBC Radio Oxford, ABC (Australia) and local radio in Canada.