Professor Andrew Przybylski
Associate Professor and Senior Research Fellow, Oxford Internet Institute
Professor Przybylski (pronounced Shuh-bill-skee) is an experimental psychologist at the Oxford Internet Institute. His work is mainly concerned with applying psychological models of motivation and health to study how people interact with virtual environments including video games and social media. Professor Przybylski is particularly interested is integrating open, robust, and reproducible science with evidence-based policymaking in the digital age.
- The psychology of social media and video games
- Video games, social media and motivation
- Use of technology
- Healthy versus unhealthy use of games, social media, and technology
- Internet Gaming Disorder: Investigating the Clinical Relevance of a New Phenomenon (2016)
- Mischievous responding in Internet Gaming Disorder research (2016)
- How we see electronic games (2016)
- How the Quantity and Quality of Electronic Gaming Relates to Adolescents Academic Engagement and Psychosocial Adjustment (2015)
- Electronic Gaming and Psychosocial Adjustment (2014)
Dr Przybylski has extensive experience of working with the media, including print, television and radio.