Professor Alessandro Abate
Professor Alessandro Abate's research interests lie on the formal verification, and control theory, of heterogeneous and complex dynamical models and in their applications in cyber-physical systems, particularly involving safety-critical applications, such as automotive, energy, and space.
Professor Abate blends in techniques from artificial intelligence and machine learning, such as Bayesian statistics and reinforcement learning, to empower model-based approaches from formal verification and control theory, to certify the behaviour of safety-critical systems, and to provide correct-by-design, scalable control and decision architectures for such complex systems.
- Formal verification
- Control engineering
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Safety-critical systems
- Space and automotive, autonomous driving
- Cyber-physical systems
- Energy systems and networks
- Sampling-Based Robust Control of Autonomous Systems with Non-Gaussian Noise (2021)
- Temporal Logic Trees for Model Checking and Control Synthesis of Uncertain Discrete-time Systems (2021)
- Rational verification: game-theoretic verification of multi-agent systems (2021)
- Formal Abstraction and Synthesis of Parametric Stochastic Processes (2021)
- Adaptive formal approximations of Markov chains (2021)
- SMT-based Reachability Analysis of High Dimensional Interval Max-Plus Linear Systems (2021)
- Resilient monitoring in self-adaptive systems through behavioral parameter estimation (2021)
- Certification of Iterative Predictions in Bayesian Neural Networks (2021)
Professor Alessandro Abate has broadly engaged with media, mostly radio and press, both nationally (BBC, The Observer) and internationally (Financial Times, La Repubblica, Corriere della Sera).