Dr Michael Willis
University Research Lecturer, Faculty of Oriental Studies; King Mohamed VI Fellow in Moroccan and Mediterranean Studies, St Antony's College
Dr Willis studies the politics, modern history and international relations of the central Maghreb states (Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco).
- Politics in modern Maghreb (Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco)
- Modern history of Algeria, Tunisia, and Morocco
- Islamist movements in Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco
- International relations of Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco
- Berber/Amazigh movements
- Civil Resistance in the Arab Spring: Triumphs and Disasters (2015)
- Politics and Power in the Maghreb: Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco from Independence to the Arab Spring (2012)
- The Islamist Challenge in Algeria: A Political History (1997)
Dr Willis has extensive media experience, including live interviews for major TV and radio networks (BBC, Sky, CNN, RFI, France 24).