Materials Science Taster Day
An excellent opportunity for prospective students in Year 11 and Year 12 who are studying/intend to study Physics and Maths at A level (or equivalent) to find out about this exciting, innovative degree subject.
The day includes:
• A welcome to the department and a brief introduction to Materials Science as a subject.
• A talk from a senior lecturer about their work, often relating to cutting-edge research.
• A practical workshop looking at a variety of aspects of Materials Science including characterisation, battery design and photovoltaics.
• A brief tour of one of the colleges.
• Advice on how to apply to study Materials Science.