English Taster Day
The Somerville English Tutors would like to invite state school 6th formers studying English at A level (or equivalent) to their university taster day. The day is intended for students interested in reading English at undergraduate level and considering an Oxbridge application.
Activities throughout the day will include:
• A general introduction to the study of English at Oxford
• Taster classes with tutors on literary topics from the Anglo-Saxon period to the present day
• Informal meetings with current and recent English undergraduates
• A Q and A session on Oxford application and admissions process
• A visit to the English Faculty
• Tours of the college
• Lunch in the Somerville dining hall
A more detailed timetable will be available in due course.
We hope that the English Taster Day will offer a useful, stimulating and enjoyable insight into the course at a time when students are making important decisions about higher education. Teachers are welcome to attend if they would like to, but the event will be aimed at school students.
Places are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for registration is Friday 31st May.