At the moment, students from the North-East of England are under-represented at Oxford. To help change this we are launching Oxford for North East, an extensive community outreach programme offering bespoke and local support to students of mixed ages, their parents and teachers. Our aims are ambitious:
- For students in the North East to enjoy their learning, to think big and become independent learners
- To inspire students of all ages and from all backgrounds to have the confidence to be themselves and to be ambitious about their futures
- To improve the educational opportunities of all students
- To help those in the North East aiming for top universities to achieve their goal
- By 2023, to increase the number of students from currently under-represented groups from 15% of the current UK undergraduate intake to 25% of the UK undergraduate intake
- For Oxford University to be a realistic goal for anyone with academic talent and commitment.
Local Authorities are: Darlington, Durham, Gateshead, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Newcastle upon Tyne, North Tyneside, Northumberland, Redcar and Cleveland, South Tyneside, Stockton on Tees, Sunderland.