The Vice-Chancellors’ Fund provides awards of up to £3,000 to students in the final stages of their DPhil.
The Fund has been established through donations by members of the Chancellor’s Court of Benefactors in honour of three recent Vice-Chancellors, Lord Neill of Bladen, Sir Richard Southwood and Sir Peter North.
Making an application
Applications for the 2017/18 academic year are now open and will close at noon on Friday 9 February 2018.
The Vice-Chancellors' Fund is very competitive, with around 100 applications received most years and a success rate of approximately 14%.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Students should be planning to submit their thesis between 1 September 2018 and 31 March 2019
- Students must have applied for confirmation of status by 31 January 2018 and this must be achieved by 30 April 2018
- Students must be able to demonstrate that they are in need of financial assistance
- Students must be able to demonstrate that they are academically outstanding
- Students should not be beyond their fourth year of study at the time of application
How to apply and when is the application deadline?
Applications are now being accepted, the application form and guidance notes are available from this page. The deadline for applications is Friday 9 February 2018 at 12 noon.
Students who have submitted complete applications will receive confirmation of receipt from Student Fees and Funding by Friday 16 February 2018.
How are students notified of the outcome?
Applications will be considered by the University Hardship Committee in Week 4 of Trinity term. Students will be informed of the Committee’s decision by the end of June 2018.