In this workshop, run for the Industry Fellows and Postdocs Network, we will take time to think about how you can start to map out your journey to get to where you want to be, or indeed to take time to think about where you want to be in 10 years’ time.
What will you gain?
* Build sector knowledge and understand how to source job opportunities * Enhance your profile and connections in the sector * Create a high-quality CV and get tips on having a good interview * An introduction to starting to understand yourself and the opportunities for your best contribution * Provide an opportunity to reflect on the sort of career that would best suit you * Hear from current Fellows about their experiences so far working with industry and the benefits of career coaching * Learn more about the reach of the Industry Fellows and Postdocs Network
Tony Bradshaw, Director of Biosocius, an organisation focused on engaging, connecting and realising the potential of people in the biotechnology sector * Introduction to mapping your development
* Skills gap analysis
* Planning ahead – what roles for me e.g. Professor Vs Professional (Industry!)
* Q & A / Discussion
Charlotte Bell – Business Partnerships Manager
* The Industry Fellows and Postdoc’s network – who can you reach?
Kate Lines – Oxford-BMS Fellow
* Visiting and Working with Industry
Matthias Friedrich – Oxford-Janssen Fellow and formerly UCB Fellow
* Fellowship experiences at Oxford
For more information about the Industry Fellows and Postdocs Network visit this page: www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/divisional-services/support-services-1/business-partnerships-office/industry-fellows-and-postdocs-network