The Public Affairs Directorate (PAD) is responsible for developing public understanding of the aims and activities of the collegiate University, and for promoting effective internal communication in a large and dispersed institutional structure.
The Directorate is made up of five units:
- Public Affairs Office
- Design & Publications Office
- Digital Communications Office
- Events Office
- News & Information Office
These areas are responsible for advising on and implementing internal and external communications activity and community and government relations; organising major University events; media relations and University news; providing general information about the University to the public; producing a wide range of publications, including the weekly Gazette, the staff magazine Blueprint, and the alumni magazine Oxford Today; and managing the content of the top levels of the University website.
- To increase public understanding of the aims and activities of the collegiate University.
- To profile Oxford’s teaching and research, and their impact on society.
- To develop dynamic and responsive internal and external communications.
- To offer public affairs support and advice to colleagues across the collegiate University.