As buildings are built and refurbished across the University, the Events Office organises many events to mark the various stages of construction and to celebrate openings.
Past events include:
- Coordinating the official openings, by HRH the Duke of Cambridge, of the Blavatnik School of Government, the Weston Library, and the newly renovated Longwall Library at Magdalen College.
- Organising the topping out ceremony and opening of The Big Data Institute (Phase 2 of the Li Ka Shing Centre for Health Information and Discovery and the Nuffield Department of Population Health extension).
- Managing the opening of the Ruskin School of Art building on Bullingdon Road
- Managing the re-opening of the Museum of Natural History, following the glass roof restoration
- Organising the opening of the Mathematical Institute in the Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
We also consult on building related events – these have included the opening of the Department of Statistics Building, a celebration to make the final stage of the Botnar Research Centre, and the official opening of the Dickson Poon Oxford China Centre.
How we can help
If you are organising your own event for a building and would like advice or for the Events Office to plan and manage the event for you, please see our Event Management Services page for further information.