To celebrate summer this year we are hosting a series of socially distanced activities each Saturday in August at the Arboretum, free with your entrance ticket.
What's happening on the day:
- We’re focussing on fantastic food on August 22. Alongside our regular stalls, SoleLuna Pizza is joining us with their wood-fired pizza oven
- Treat yourself to some delicious handmade preserves from Well Preserved or something a little spicier from Chillis2U
- Sample our Physic Gin, crafted by The Oxford Artisan Distillery (TOAD) using botanicals from Oxford Botanic Garden, and treat yourself to something 'Lekker' with Celia's Cafe
- Meet some of the birds that can be found at the Arboretum with birds-of-prey flying displays by HawkWalk, flying at noon and 2.30pm
- Join our Education Team and test your charcoal drawing skills using charcoal made on site
- Get creative with a wild art activity or explore our grounds with a scavenger hunt
- Roam through 67 acres of wildflower meadow and see how many wildflowers and butterflies you can spot with our spotter sheet
- Don't forget to visit our new piglets!
What you need to know before you visit:
All our activities are designed to be socially distant and you are welcome to bring your own seating and blankets with you. Parking is available onsite and is free with your entrance ticket.
The toilets at the Arboretum will be open and monitored on Saturday the 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th August only, outside these days they will remain closed.