Japanese born and Russian trained, Maki Sekiya arrived recently to live in this country. Spotted by John Lubbock, she has been delighting audiences with her appearances alongside the Orchestra of St John’s. Tonight she brings to Oxford a world premier by a composer from her native Japan, Somei Satoh.
- MUSSORGSKY Dawn on Moscow River
- PROKOFIEV Piano Sonata no. 3, Op. 28 Romeo and Juliet, 10 pieces for piano Op. 75 (excerpts) Suggestion Diabolique Op. 4 no. 4, Piano Sonata no. 7, ‘Stalingrad’
- WAGNER/KOCSIS Prelude to Tristan und Isolde
- WAGNER/LISZT Isolde’s Liebestod
- SATOH Yume no Kagami (Mirrors in the Dream) World Premier Incarnation II
Season tickets available for all ten concerts in the Series: £155, £134 and £88 with souvenir programme included. A 25% saving.