To celebrate summer this year we are hosting a series of socially distanced activities each Saturday in August at the Arboretum, free with your entrance ticket.
What's happening on the day:
- Go on a bug hunt in Palmer's Ley Meadow with Oxford University Museum of Natural History (OUMNH) or settle down and listen to some insect storytelling. Check out some of the specimens from the OUMNH collection, make your own bug antennae and take home some brilliant bug-themed crafts
- Go on a scavenge hunt and discover the wonders of the Arboretum
- Build a den for our local Arboretum faeries and learn about den building animals at our Education Tent
- Take part in several art and botanical activities at the education tent
- Enjoy a tasty beverage with XT Brewery and tuck into delicious food with Supreme Sausages, SoleLuna Pizza and Nutmeg + Thyme, and treat yourself to something 'Lekker' with Celia's Cafe
- Roam through 67 acres of wildflower meadow and see how many wildflowers and butterflies you can spot with our spotter sheet
What you need to know before you visit
All our activities are designed to be socially distant and you are welcome to bring your own seating and blankets with you. Parking is available onsite and is free with your entrance ticket.
The toilets at the Arboretum will be open and monitored on Saturday the 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th August only, outside these days they will remain closed.
Contactless payment available at all stalls.