Thank you for your interest in becoming an outreach ambassador. Applications for this year have now closed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Overview of the role
The university's central Undergraduate Admissions and Outreach department (UAO) is seeking to recruit a number of student ambassadors to support in the delivery of outreach events. The department has a number of programmes which aim to:
- Raise aspirations, attainment and progression rates into Higher Education, and to increase the application and offer rates from under-represented target groups.
- Support potential applicants, their parents, teachers and other advisers, across the UK and overseas.
- Offer information, advice and guidance for prospective applicants, their teachers, parents and other advisers.
Student Ambassadors play a key role in the running of many of our Outreach projects, both in Oxford and elsewhere. An Ambassador’s individual duties will depend on the event in which the student is taking part, full training and event specific briefings will be given to all successful applicants.
Your application will be judged solely on whether you can demonstrate you meet the below criteria. Please read the below carefully before writing your application.
- Current student (undergraduate or postgraduate) of the University of Oxford.
- Interest in widening access work.
- Experience of working with young people aged 11 – 17.
- Confident verbal communicator, with the ability to enthuse and engage audiences.
- Well organised and punctual.
- Ability to work consistently under pressure.
- Excellent problem solving skills in practical situations.
- Demonstrable capacity to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience of working in an ambassadorial role for the University, one of its constituent colleges or departments (for example, on an Open Day).
- Former participant of a University Outreach programme, e.g. UNIQ, Target Oxbridge.
Applications for ambassadors are currently closed.