The Bright Oceans Corporation Scholarships have been established by the Bright Oceans Corporation to provide funding for undergraduate students from China demonstrating exceptional academic merit who may be prevented from taking up their course of study due to financial circumstances, commencing a course of study in the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Division.
Am I eligible?
|Nationality and Residency:||Ordinarily resident in Mainland China (excluding the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau)|
|Level of study:||Undergraduate|
|Year of study:||New students|
|Subject:||All subjects within the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Division|
|Other criteria:||Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need and academic merit. The information that you provide in your application form will be used to assess how you meet these criteria.|
What does it cover?
|Duration:||3 or 4 years depending on course length|
|Value:||Course fees and a grant for living costs|
|Number:||One scholarship will be awarded for 2023/24 entry|
How do I apply?
- You must make an application to the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course through UCAS by 15 October 2022, and be successful in gaining a place.
- Details on how to apply for a scholarship for 2023 entry will be made available on this page in January 2023.
- For 2023 entry applicants who apply by the 8 February 2023 scholarship deadline, the selection process will be undertaken in March 2023.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in April 2023.
- Scholars will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Applicants should be aware that competition for the scheme is very high and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered a scholarship.
- If you hold an offer for deferred entry for an undergraduate course at Oxford, and you’d like to apply for a scholarship, please apply for the scholarship in January of the year you will start your Oxford course (eg in January 2023 if you hold an offer to start in October 2023). We can only consider applications for undergraduate scholarships once.
- If you are a UK resident who is pursuing an application to Oxford’s Astrophoria Foundation Year Programme and you’d like to apply for this scholarship to support your undergraduate degree course (after the completion of your Foundation Year), please apply for the scholarship in January of the year you will start your undergraduate degree course (eg in January 2024 if you intend to progress in October 2024). We will contact all students when enrolled on their Foundation Year to confirm for which scholarships they can apply for their undergraduate course. We can only consider applications for undergraduate scholarships once.