The Bright Oceans Corporation Scholarships have been established by the Bright Oceans Corporation to provide funding for undergraduate students from China demonstrating exceptional academic merit who may be prevented from taking up their course of study due to financial circumstances, commencing a course of study in the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Division.
Am I eligible?
|Nationality and Residency:||Ordinarily resident in China (excluding the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau)|
|Level of study:||Undergraduate|
|Year of study:||New students|
|Subject:||All subjects within the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Division|
|Other criteria:||Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need and academic merit. The information that you provide in your application form will be used to assess how you meet these criteria.|
What does it cover?
|Duration:||3 or 4 years depending on course length|
|Value:||Course fees and a grant for living costs|
|Number:||One scholarship will be awarded for 2021/22 entry|
How do I apply?
- Applications for 2021 entry are now closed. Details on how to apply for 2022 entry will be made available on this page in January 2022.
- For 2021 entry applicants who applied by the 10 February 2021 scholarship deadline, the selection process will be undertaken in March 2021.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in April 2021.
- Scholars will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Applicants should be aware that competition for the scheme is very high and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered a scholarship.
- If you hold an offer for deferred entry for an undergraduate course at Oxford, and you’d like to apply for a scholarship, please apply for the scholarship in January of the year you will start your Oxford course (eg in January 2022 if you hold an offer to start in October 2022). We can only consider applications for undergraduate scholarships once.