St Hilda’s is one of the larger progressive colleges, situated alongside the River Cherwell in a spacious and beautiful site. The motto of St Hilda’s is excellence and equality. This captures a very clear and powerful focus on supporting our students – to be the best they possibly can academically, in an environment which allows them to thrive – whatever their background.
The college is a caring academic environment, with passionate and committed tutors. St Hilda’s also offers a generous range of college awards for academic work, travel, sport and other activities. All first year students live on the college’s main site, where self catering facilities are available, as well as a highly rated dining hall, and one of the most extensive library collections.
St Hilda’s provides all the right ingredients for success in your degree, in one of the most friendly and relaxing settings to be a student in Oxford.
Read more on the college website.
St Hilda’s is...
…in a great location split right between the great city centre and the lively Cowley Road.
...grounded and friendly. You meet people with a wide range of experiences, from a range of different cultures. The atmosphere is always interesting, never competitive.
...tutors and lecturers who are so passionate about their subject – I’ve benefited tremendously from the tutorial system.
…feeling at ease with some of the best welfare support in the whole of the University.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: NO
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: YES
- Usually offered for all years: NO
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: YES
- Gym on site: YES
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: NO
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: YES
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: NO
- Orchestra/s: YES
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: YES
- College student magazine/paper: NO
- Some subject societies: NO
- Other societies: YES
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and English
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Physics and Philosophy
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics