- Visitors & Friends
- About the University
- Remember, the site is not for you; it is for the site users. It is essential that site design and content is presented with their needs in mind.
- Use a template to keep the design of your site consistent across all pages.
- Use cascading stylesheets (CSS) to format your headings and body text.
- Ensure that your template is written with well-formed HTML.
- Make sure your template design looks as you want it to on all of the most widely-used browsers. For example, it may appear differently in Firefox to Internet Explorer.
- Avoid page designs which lead to unnecessary scrolling.
- It's best to use "Web safe' colours and to think about colour contrast and colour blindness when creating your pages.
- Avoid using pop-ups on University Websites.