- Visitors & Friends
- About the University
Congregation Meeting, 19 February 2013
A Congregation Discussion took place on 19 February in the Sheldonian Theatre on the topic of the University's Draft Strategic Plan (2013/14–2017/18).
In accordance with the regulation governing topics for discussion, no vote was taken at the Congregation meeting, but Council will be required to give consideration to the remarks made.
Following the Congregation Discussion and the wider consultation, the draft Strategic Plan will be amended in the light of comments received and presented to Council and Congregation for approval by the end of Trinity term 2013.
Speakers in the Discussion (in order)
- Dr Sally Mapstone, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Education) and Chair of the Strategic Plan Steering Group (opening remarks)
- Professor Alex Halliday, Head of the MPLS Division
- Professor Alastair Buchan, Head of the Medical Sciences Division
- Professor Shearer West, Head of the Humanities Division
- Mr Tim Gardam, Chairman of the Conference of Colleges and Principal of St Anne’s College
- Professor Ian Walmsley, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research & ASUC)
- Dr Fernanda Pirie, Director, Centre for Socio-Legal Studies
- Dr Stephen Goss, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Personnel & Equality)
- Reverend Suzanne Holsomback, OUSU Vice-President (women)
- Dr Jeff Tseng, Department of Physics
- Mr Jonathan Black, Director of the Careers Service
- Professor Jonathan Michie, Director of the Department for Continuing Education and President of Kellogg College
- Mr David Townsend, OUSU President
- Professor William James, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Planning & Resources)
- Dr Sally Mapstone (closing remarks)
A transcript of the meeting is available in the right-hand column of this website under 'Related documents'. The transcript was also published in the Gazette of 28 February.