What is the fund ?
Created in Trinity Term 2016, and established from pledges made by the student body, the Fund is used to provide financial support to students who are currently studying at Oxford or holding an offer to study a graduate course, and whose pursuit of education is hindered because of political and/or humanitarian crisis.
Who is eligible?
You must meet at least one criteria from both A and B below:
A. Student Status
- Have been offered a place at the University of Oxford to study a graduate course;
- Are a current on-course graduate student;
- Are a current undergraduate student who will be in your final year of study in 2018/19.
B. Residential Status
- Residing in the UK, under one of the following:
- Asylum seeker status;
- Discretionary leave status granted as a result of a claim for asylum;
- Humanitarian protection status as a result of an asylum claim (granted less than 3 years prior to receipt of the University offer of placement);
- Refugee status granted while studying your current course.
- Residing in your country of origin or a third country, where your pursuit of education is hindered because of political and/or humanitarian crisis, and have a valid travel document that will allow you to apply for a UK Tier 4 Student visa.
If you are a graduate offer holder, a current graduate student or will be a final year undergraduate student on-course in 2018/19, you will be emailed in March inviting you to apply. A link to the application form is available at the end of this page.
Selection of applicants
In allocating the scholarships, the following three criteria are considered:
- the severity of barriers to pursuing higher education
- financial need
- the quality of your personal statement
The Fund provides for full or partial course costs depending on the number of applicants, the availability of funding from other sponsors, and the total availability of funds.
The selection panel for the Campaign Fund currently consists of representatives from the University, the Students Union, the Refugee Studies Centre, and representatives from the Oxford Students Refugee Campaign.
Next campaign launch date 1st March 2018
Deadline 15th April 2018
Shortlisting May – June
Offer letters to students June – July (exact dates to be confirmed depending on each case).
When will I find out about the results
Confirmed offer letters will be sent out in late June/July at the earliest. If you have not heard from the Campaign Fund by early September, this will mean that you have not been successful in this application round.
Where can I get further information?
If you would like further guidance or have any enquiries about the Fund, please email the student campaign at email@example.com. Please note that this email account is not checked every day but someone will get back in touch with you as soon as possible.
Please note applications for this round are now closed.