The Chinese Government offers up to three full scholarships annually to non-Chinese citizens who are currently at the University of Oxford to study a variety of disciplines (primarily at graduate level) at a wide choice of Chinese universities.
The scheme is administered by the China Scholarship Council (CSC) in collaboration with the People’s Republic of China (PRC) Embassy in London.
|Duration:||Up to seven years of funding, including up to two years of Chinese language tuition (if needed)|
|Value:||The scholarship covers tuition, lodging, medical insurance, and a certain amount of living stipend|
|Number:||Up to three nominations|
|Nationality:||All non-Chinese citizens|
|Fee status:||Home/EU and Overseas|
|Level of study:||Undergraduate or graduate|
|Year of study:||Final year|
Full scholarship details are available on the China Scholarship Council website, which explains the remit of the scheme, eligibility criteria, a list of participating Chinese universities, scholarship benefits and medical arrangements. Please read these details carefully.
How to apply
- The next application cycle is due to open in January 2017.
- The application deadline is yet to be confirmed but is likely to be in February 2017.
- The selection process will be undertaken shortly after the closing date.
- Students will be informed of the outcome of the application by the end of March (if you have applied for more than one scheme, you will be notified of these separately)
- If you are nominated for the Chinese Government Scholarship, you will be required to obtain a full blood count test and a ‘Foreigner Physical Examination Form’ completed by your GP. Please note that there may be a charge for these.
- If successful, students will receive award notices around April from the Chinese Embassy. These should be forwarded to your chosen Universities to obtain a pre-admission notice.
- In July, students will receive the official documentation from the Chinese Embassy to obtain a visa etc.
Students should ensure that they read the profile to check their eligibility and should complete the checklist to ensure that their application is complete. Details of where applications should be sent are in the checklist to the right hand side of this page.