The Chinese Government offers up to five full scholarships annually to non-Chinese citizens who are currently at the University of Oxford to study a variety of disciplines (primarily at graduate level) at a wide choice of Chinese universities.
The scheme is administered by the China Scholarship Council (CSC) in collaboration with the People’s Republic of China (PRC) Embassy in London.
|Duration:||Up to seven years of funding, including up to two years of Chinese language tuition (if needed)|
|Value:||The scholarship covers tuition, lodging, medical insurance, and a living stipend (see Related Documents for further information)|
|Number:||Up to five nominations|
|Nationality:||All non-Chinese citizens|
|Fee status:||Home/EU and Overseas|
|Level of study:||Undergraduate or graduate|
|Year of study:||Final year|
Full scholarship details are available on the China Scholarship Council website, which explains the remit of the scheme, eligibility criteria, a list of participating Chinese universities, scholarship benefits and medical arrangements. Please read these details carefully.
How to apply
- Applications are currently open for the 2017/18 academic year. Please submit your application by Friday 17 February 2017.
- Please refer to the Chinese Government Scholarship Profile (see Related Documents) for detailed guidance on how to apply for this scheme.
- Candidates will be informed who the University will nominate shortly after the closing date. Please note that a nomination is no guarantee that the scholarship will be awarded, since the final decision is made by the China Scholarship Council.
- If you are nominated for the Chinese Government Scholarship, you will be required to obtain a full blood count test and a ‘Foreigner Physical Examination Form’ completed by your GP. There may be a charge for these.
- If successful, students will receive award notices around April from the Chinese Embassy. These should be forwarded to your chosen Universities to obtain a pre-admission notice.
- In July, students will receive the official documentation from the Chinese Embassy to obtain a visa, etc.