Any questions?

Academic transcripts

A transcript is an official summary of a student's academic performance and progress to date. It will only include final marks confirmed by the appropriate Examination Board. A transcript may be needed for verification by prospective employers or by other educational institutions to which you are applying.

All students who commenced their studies on, or after, Michaelmas Term 2007, will automatically receive one paper copy of their final transcript upon completing their degree. This will be sent to the 'home address' listed in your Student Self Service account - please ensure these details are kept up to date.  Electronic copies of transcripts (final and on-course) are not available.

We are unable to produce transcripts for the following students:

Students who commenced their studies prior to Michaelmas Term 2007 Please contact your College.

Postgraduate Research Students

(e.g. DPhil)

If you have completed your degree, you may order Degree Confirmation letters as proof of award.

If you are yet to complete your research degree, please contact your College or Department for proof of study.

Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (BMBCh) Students Please contact the Medical Sciences Office, email:
Software Engineering Students Additional copies of your transcript can be ordered from the Department of Computer Science by emailing:

Incoming Erasmus or Visiting Students

Please contact your College or Department.
Students who have completed a course with the Department for Continuing Education Please visit the Continuing Education webpage.

Ordering extra copies of final transcripts

Students who began studying on, or after, Michaelmas Term 2007 can order additional copies of their final transcript at a cost of £5 each. You can order and buy online by credit / debit card at the University online shop, or by post with payment by cheque by downloading the Postal order form (80kb). If you are expecting examination results, please wait until you receive your results in Student Self Service before requesting extra copies of a final transcript. Requests placed before your results are released  may not include your final results.

On-course transcripts

If you haven't yet completed your course, you can request copies of your on-course transcript. This will show your academic achievement to date but will not include a final classification. An on-course transcript will reflect the information you see on the Assessments page in Student Self Service and are only available once you are entered for an assessment. If your assessments have not yet appeared on the Assessments page and you are still studying at Oxford, the enrolment certificate available through Student Self-Service will act as a certification of attendance.

On-course transcripts can be ordered at a cost of £5 each online by credit / debit card at the University online shop or by post with payment by cheque by downloading the Postal order form (80kb).

If you have chosen to collect your transcripts, we will notify you by email when they are ready to collect. If they are not collected within two weeks, they will be posted to the delivery address you provided. If you are unable to personally collect the transcripts and would like someone to collect them on your behalf, please email us with the name of the person.

Please note that when you collect transcripts (for yourself or a friend), you will need a Photo ID to ensure we release the documents to the correct person.

Applications for transcripts must be made by the student/former student themselves. Requests for copies of the transcript by a third party will not be actioned.

If you have any further questions regarding transcripts, please email

Diploma Supplement

If you are applying for a course in a European university, most institutions will ask you to supply an Academic Transcript. However, some institutions may ask you to provide a Diploma Supplement. This document consists of the Academic Transcript, a statement quantifying your course in terms of ECTS credits, plus additional information describing the higher education system.

There are two credit systems: that used by UK universities; and the European Credit Transfer Scheme (ECTS) used by a number of other European countries. We take each year of full-time undergraduate study to equal 120 UK credits and 180 UK credits for postgraduate study according to the Higher Education Credit Framework for England. In relation to the ECTS, this is equivalent to 60 credits for undergraduate study and 60-90 credits for postgraduate study. The University’s courses are not taught on a modular basis so we do not apply credit weightings to the individual components of your course.

Before ordering the Diploma Supplement please check that this is a requirement for your application and that we are able to produce them for your award. If we are unable to produce transcripts for your award, we will not be able to produce diploma supplements for that award.

If you require a Diploma Supplement, they can be ordered through the University online shop for free. Please note that the Supplement is available only to students who commenced their studies from Michaelmas Term 2007, and who have successfully completed their studies.

If you have completed a part-time course and have queries regarding Credit Accumulation and Transfer Scheme (CATS) credits, please contact the Registry Office for the Department for Continuing Education.