The USS Review Working Group was established by Council and reports to Council.
Its purpose is to respond to consultations from Universities UK and to any consultations from the national Joint Expert Panel (JEP) on issues connected with the USS valuation.
The Group’s remit also includes exploring options for Council to meet its aspiration to seek to provide pension provision for USS members employed by the University that is of the same standard as currently available.
It will also communicate regularly across the whole University to help all USS members at the University understand the issues connected with the USS.
- Professor Richard Hobbs (Chair) – Member of Council (Medical Sciences Division)
- Charles Alexander – Finance Bursar, Merton College
- Sir David Norgrove – external member of Council
- Professor Jane Humphries – (Humanities)
- Professor Gordon Clark – (Social Sciences)
- Professor Sam Howison –(MPLS)
- Giles Kerr – Director of Finance
- Julian Duxfield – Director of Human Resources
- Professor Fabian Essler –(MPLS)
- Sir Andrew Dilnot – Warden of Nuffield
- Professor Danny Dorling – (Social Sciences)
- Professor Cecile Fabre – Junior Proctor (Humanities)
- Jaya John John – (Oxford Research Staff Society)