Publications & newsletters
The following is a list of publications and newsletters for staff at Oxford.
IT Services Update
- Outline is a weekly newsletter for library staff.
- The Oxford Magazine is not an official publication of the University but an independent magazine edited by members of the University and published by the Delegates of Oxford University Press. It is published 4 times per term (Noughth, Second, Fifth and Eighth Weeks) and is distributed with the Gazette. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oxford Today is the University's alumni magazine. It covers all aspects of life at Oxford, from research to sporting events, as well as historical features about the University and its alumni. The print magazine appears in October and April, while an online update is published monthly.
Oxford Women's Network (OWN) newsletter
- OWN newsletter is a weekly email containing a round-up of news and events relating to women at Oxford.
- The Pro-Vice-Chancellor's update is a termly newsletter from the External Affairs Portfolio, detailing activity relating to development, alumni relations and public affairs.
Race Equality Network (REN) newsletter
- The REN newsletter is a weekly email about events around the University and city, as well as links to news and articles about race equality issues.
- Research Accounts Bulletin is a periodic e-newsletter, which notifies departments of post-award issues, such as funder news, policy and process changes, and training opportunities.
- Research Services News is a regular news bulletin about issues and events relating to research funding and administration.
University of Oxford Calendar
- The University Calendar is an annual compendium of information about departments, colleges, committees and University Officers. It includes lists of the recipients of honorary degrees for the past ten years, and degree results for the immediately preceding year. Published by OUP, it can be purchased in local bookshops.
Vice-Chancellor's briefing on Council
- A short report from the Vice-Chancellor on meetings of Council, which is posted on the University website each term. Email notification is sent to all members of staff.
AAD News Alert
- The AAD News Alert is a fortnightly e-bulletin from the Academic Administration Division, which provides updates about projects, events and deadlines in student administration and services.
- The University's Annual Review contains articles on current developments and research at Oxford as well as information on appointments, benefactions and the year's financial statements. It is published at the start of Hilary term.
- Blueprint is the University staff magazine. Produced by Public Affairs, it is published twice a term and carries a mix of news, features and interviews.
Bodleian Libraries Update
- A termly bulletin from Dr Sarah Thomas, Bodley's Librarian, about new services and changes taking place in the Bodleian Libraries.
Conference of Colleges Update
- A news bulletin, published twice a term, which provides an update on the business of Conference and its sub-committees. To access the newsletter, please email email@example.com, giving your Oxford user name.
Daily News Alert
- The Daily News Alert is a daily digest of local, national and international news relating to the collegiate University. Produced by the Press Office, it is available on subscription by email.
- EcoFinance is a monthly e-newsletter from the University's sustainability team providing tips that help the environment.
Equality and Diversity Newsletter
- The Equality & Diversity newsletter is a termly newsletter providing updates on equality initiatives and highlighting events and seminars.
- The Finance Bulletin is a monthly e-bulletin, which provides a summary of essential financial information for departments. It is sent to Departmental Administrators and Finance Officers.
- The Financial Statements are produced annually in January. They consolidate the accounts of the University and its subsidiary companies and associated bodies.
- The Gazette is the authorised journal of record of the collegiate University. It has been published continuously since 1870. Produced by Public Affairs, it is published weekly from September to July (with brief breaks in the Christmas and Easter Vacations).
ICT Forum Newsletter
- The ICT Forum Newsletter is a termly publication for staff who provide and support ICT services across the collegiate University.