The Staff Matrix provides a secure facility for University staff to sell products or highlight services to customers around Oxfordshire.
Advertisements are accepted for publication at the discretion of the editor of the Matrix.
The University of Oxford accepts no responsibility for the content of any advertisement published in the Matrix. Users should note that the inclusion of any advertisement in no way implies approval or recommendation of either the terms of any offer contained in it or of the advertiser by the University of Oxford.
You are solely responsible for all information that you submit to the Matrix and any consequences that may result from your post. We reserve the right at our discretion to refuse or delete content that we believe is inappropriate or in breach of the terms. We also reserve the right at our discretion to restrict a user's usage of the Matrix either temporarily or permanently, or refuse a user's registration.
This will initially be operated on a system of trust, if there is a breach in the terms the Matrix will be moved to a moderated system.
How Does It Work?
The Matrix works in the same way as any other classifieds/ads page (Gumtree etc). You provide information about the product you want to sell/give away, once you have completed the necessary fields in the form and click save the advert will be live and members of the University can contact you directly for further information.
Once an item has been sold or an event has ended it is the advertiser’s responsibility to remove the original post.
All details will be securely uploaded behind the Single-Sign-On function.
Use the Online Store for:
- Selling or giving away personal goods
- Requesting items or information
- Promoting local events
- Service recommendations*
- Promoting social groups and networks
- Information forums
*PLEASE NOTE – Services cannot be advertised on the Matrix, please contact the Gazette if you wish to promote a service.
Clean, clear and accurate photos only, please. If a photograph, logo or other image is supplied to accompany the post, the advertiser warrants:
- that the advertiser has the right to license all rights in and to the images;
- that the images do not infringe any intellectual property rights of any third parties;
- that all necessary consents of any persons featured in the images were secured at the time the images were captured.
Choose the best category you can. This will give you the best exposure and keep our site clean and tidy. The categories are as follows:
- For sale/give away
- Information share/recommendations
- Support and social networks
Only sell it if you have it. Wait till you have it before you try to sell it, like with pre-ordered tickets.
As a condition of your use of the Matrix you agree that you will not:
- violate the Posting Rules;
- post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material;
- post or otherwise communicate any false or misleading material or message of any kind;
- distribute spam or chain letters, or promote pyramid schemes;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person's content without their consent;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties.
By using the Matrix, you agree to the collection, transfer, storage and use of your personal information by the Internal Communications team.
Need Help or More Information?
If you have any doubt whether your product or service should be placed on the page, please contact a member of the Internal Communications team using the Gateway address for advice and guidance.