The first ever University of Oxford Innovation Photography Competition is your chance to showcase what innovation looks like in your work or study!
The competition is open to all current staff and students of the University of Oxford - you just need to submit your photo by using a valid University email address. There’ll be weekly prizes throughout September and October and grand prizes for each category – plus an overall Judges’ Choice winner.
There are five categories:
- People and Partnership
- Inspiration and Discovery
- In the Field
- Machines and Equipment
- Weird and Wonderful
Entries close 31 October 2017.
You can enter up to three images per category. You can enter more than one category but each image can only be submitted once. A separate form will need to be submitted for each entry. The winner of each category receives a £20 Amazon voucher and the overall Judges' Choice winner will receive a £50 Amazon voucher, a mounted version of their image and a phone or tablet case personalised with the image.
Images should be high resolution (ideally 300dpi at A4) and not include frames and text. Images can be landscape or portrait.
Terms and conditions
- All images must be your own work and you must be the sole owner of the copyright in all images entered. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with this requirement.
- You retain the copyright in your image(s). By entering the competition, you grant the University of Oxford a non-exclusive license to use your image(s) with credit for any promotional purposes in print materials, online and any other media.
- You cannot submit images that have been published elsewhere.
- You can enter up to three images per category. You can enter more than one category but each image can only be entered once.
- If you have submitted an image of an individual or a group in a private setting, you must have obtained the prior consent from all identifiable individuals for the use of that photograph in accordance with this competition.
- For all prizes, the judges’ decision is final. Winners will be contacted using the email address submitted with the entry. If a winner cannot be contacted, the prize will be offered to another entry.
- By entering, you accept that you are bound by these rules and the University of Oxford reserves the right to exclude any entry at any time if it has reason to believe that the rules have been breached.