Professor Schroeder has interests in virtual environments, the social aspects of e-science, and the sociology of science and technology. He has written extensively about virtual reality technology.
- Social aspects of e-science, e-research
- Social aspects of virtual reality, virtual environments
- Web search behaviour, scholarly information seeking
- Computing tools for global scientific collaboration
- Social implications of new technologies and scientific knowledge
Professor Schroeder has experience of working with the media.