Dr Davies works on four projects at the OII addressing: AI and life-long learning; skills for people who find work via apps and the Internet; child safety and privacy relative to the Internet of Things, app-enabled toys, and public Wi-Fi; and finally a project that is attempting to apply semantic web technology to the study of social class.
Recently, he has also studied teenagers and their digital skills and literacies, and he has worked at addressing the digital inequalities that disadvantaged families experience.
- Digital technology
- Children's use of technology and the internet
- Children's use of social media, apps and games
- Children's toys and the internet
- Children's privacy and security online
- Education and technology
- Technology and inequality
- AI for education
- Online misinformation and conspiracy theories
Dr Davies has experience of online and broadcast interviews as well as guest blogging.