Associate Member, Department of Sociology; Fellow of Nuffield College
Dr Elgenius researches nationalism and identity.
- Nationalism (national symbols, national days, nation building)
- Diaspora communities in Britain (ethnicity, religion and community building)
- Recession and communities: the recent recession, volunteering, 'community' and ethnic relations
- National Museums: nationalism, repatriation of cultural heritage and human remains (Europe and Nordic countries)
- British identity, English, Scottish and Welsh identities
Dr Elgenius has media experience, including working with BBC radio and The Guardian.