University Gazette, 13 May 2010: University Acts
PLANNING AND RESOURCE ALLOCATION COMMITTEE OF COUNCIL
Changes in Regulations
The Planning and Resource Allocation Committee has made the following changes in regulations, to come into effect on 28 May.
Establishment of Professorship of Diabetic Medicine
These changes, made on the recommendation of the Medical Sciences Board, establish a new Professorship of Diabetic Medicine.
Text of Regulations1 In Schedule C of Council Regulations 3 of 2004, concerning statutory professorships, before 'Robert Turner Professor of Diabetic Medicine' insert:
'Professor of Diabetic Medicine (No. 2)'.
2 In Sect. III of Council Regulations 24 of 2002, concerning individual professorships (Statutes, 2000, p. 414, as redesignated as regulations by Decree (5) of 11 July 2002, Gazette, Vol.132, p. 1461), insert new § 221 and renumber existing §§ 221–325 as §§ 222–326:
'§ 221. Professor of Diabetic Medicine (No. 2)
1. The Professor of Diabetic Medicine (No. 2) shall undertake research in Diabetic Medicine and shall lecture and give instruction in this subject.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is the Vice- Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the Chair may be allocated by Council from time to time; or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of that college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in paragraph (2);
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Medical Sciences Board;
(10) a person holding a clinical appointment appointed by the Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust (or the relevant successor body in the NHS should that Trust cease to exist).
At least three members of the board, of whom one shall be a professor, shall hold clinical appointments.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations, which are applicable to the Chair.'
COUNCIL OF THE UNIVERSITY
Register of Congregation
Mr Vice-Chancellor reports that the following names have been added to the Register of Congregation:
Berg, M.L., St Antony's
Heaton, N.J., School of Anthropology
Henson, S.C., St Hugh's
Hepplewhite, C.L., St Cross
Smewing, J.L., Examination Schools